Private Guided Full Day Tour to Navala, the oldest preserved Fijian Village with light lunch & Kava Ceremony
On this full day tour you'll experience being one of the rare people who get to see the oldest preserved Fijian village in Fiji. This private guided tour is very special, enjoy a wonderful scenic drive up the north coast of Fiji, a place not often visited. On arrival, you'll be welcomed into Navala village with the tradition kava ceremony with the village chief. Then it's off for a tour of the village, meet the kids and see how a real Fijian village lives.
After being picked up from your hotel in an comfortable air conditioned vehicle, your local tour guide will take you on a wonderful scenic drive up the north coast of Fiji to Navala Village. Drive through beautiful scenery and mountains with spectacular views of the Ba town and the Yasawa group of islands. This tour is especially great for the kids and the whole family, they won't be bored with all the fun things to do at Navala Village.
Oldest Preserved Fijian Village
On arrival at Navala Village the chief will welcome you into the village with the traditional kava ceremony. This village is said to be 200 years old and one of the few villages in Fiji that still preserves the traditional Bures (Thatched houses). Socialise with the locals and take part in authentic activities in the village
Tour the village, experience a day in the life of a Fijian
- Tour around the village and learn more from your local guide as you walk along.
- You will see traditional Fijian homes, ancient style cooking using forest woods and stones, community gathering house and old village protocols still in place.
- Visit the village school and mingle with the children.
- Cool off in the fresh river water of Navala if you would like to.
- Back to the Bure for a delicious lunch prepared by the village women.
- Local entertainment and dancing with the locals.
n conclusion, this Private Guided Full Day Tour to Navala, the oldest preserved Fijian Village with light lunch & Kava Ceremony is rated number 8 in our top 20 best things to do in Fiji and also features in our 10 best tours by a local in Fiji.